Today you did a thing. Thanks to help from some generous donors, your three kiddos and you put together some awesome at home learning care packages and you delivered them to 18 of your fourth students. It is difficult to put in to words how happy you were to deliver these to the doorsteps of your students today.
You felt so energized being able to see almost all of your students and know that they are doing okay. And the joy these cute small gifts brought to you when saw the looks on your students’ faces when they saw it was you at their door. You brought them books and treats, as well as other cute small gifts that just might make having school at home a little more manageable. All of your friends who donated to you not only provided these special gifts to your students, but those donors also gave you such a gift as well. The ability to show your students just how much you love them and miss teaching them was the goal, and creating a memory for a lot of them that will follow them for the rest of their lives was an added bonus. To know that even in this crazy moment in history, their teacher still loves and cares about them is important, and these students need to know just how many people want them to be successful. Isn’t that what teaching and education should be about?
Unique Holiday Gifts During a Time of Sheltering in Place
This Easter weekend will be the first time that many people in this country will have spent their time sheltering in place instead of attending large church services and big family gatherings. During this pandemic, however, the majority of Americans know staying home and staying safe is key. Fortunately, with a little planning many grandparents, aunts, uncles, and special friends are still able to share the joy of Easter with their littlest loved ones. By ordering cute small gifts online, for example, many grandparents are able to find a small painting set that will keep an artistic grandchild busy. Cute small gift ideas will also come in handy in a few weeks when the day of May baskets arrives.
And while not everyone is going to be able to deliver these May Day surprises in purpose, there are plenty of small businesses and online companies that are set and ready to prepare cute small gifts for any occasion.
During these trying times, maybe remembering the holidays and finding a way to celebrate as we shelter in place is even more important. Consider some of these statistics about the importance of giving gifts not just for the benefit of our friends and family, but for the economy of our nation as well:
- 58.79% of respondents agreed that gift giving makes their relationships more meaningful, according to a 2015 UGiftIdeas survey.
- Unfortunately, nearly 25% of U.S. population wait until the last minute to purchase gifts. During today’s limited access for many people, however, this may be the time to plan ahead when it comes to your gift giving.
- In the year 2017 alone, it was predicted that 86% of Americans planned to buy presents during the holiday season. Hopefully, Christmas 202 will provide even bigger reasons to buy special gifts for out loved ones.
- E-commerce sales made up 7.2% of all retail sales in 2015, but those numbers have steadily increased in the last five years.
- In fact, global retail e-commerce sales were expected to almost double between the years 2016 and 2020.
- 40% of U.S. internet users had bought items online several times each month, according to a 2017 survey.
- As many as 79% of consumers in the U.S. said they shopped online in 2017.
- Retail sales in 2017 hit a record of $5.7 trillion, according to the U.S. Census. And while those numbers are down during this pandemic, it is likely to see a big return as the nation and its economy recovers.
What are you doing to make this Easter weekend a little more special for the loved ones you cannot see in person? Sometimes the smallest gift is the greatest way to say I love you.