Most companies with an active marketing strategy have heard about search engine optimization, or SEO, at this point. The benefits of increasing a website’s search engine rankings have been discussed at length — but as SEO continues to evolve, so do the means by which websites can better their search engine status.
Currently, using marketing videos as an SEO tactic is proving to be highly successful for the companies that do it. And there has never been a better time to get a leg up on your competition with video marketing for SEO than right now.
Here are the top five reasons why your company needs to be using video for SEO:
1. Everyone is watching digital video productions: More people are watching video content on the web than ever before. On YouTube alone, more than 4 billion views are accrued each day, and about 500 years’ worth of YouTube content is watched through Facebook every day. Video SEO services can help create content for your brand that catches viewers’ attention and starts the conversation.
2. People are watching videos to learn about new products: Did you know that more than half — 60% — of Internet users will watch videos online before making a purchase? Video SEO services can help educate viewers about the latest services and products your business is offering, making them more likely to get excited about purchasing them.
3. Google loves video: If your website is producing high-quality video content through video SEO services, search engines will take notice — especially Google, the biggest search engine. Your website’s chances of being ranked by Google’s algorithms increase a whopping 53 times by taking advantage of video SEO services.
4. Video keeps users on your website: Having video for SEO on your company’s web page keeps web users on your website an average of two minutes longer than they would spend visiting a page with no video. These two minutes can mean the difference between making a sale and not making a sale!
5. Videos are cost-effective: Compared to putting advertisements on TV or in magazines, making video content for the web is extremely affordable. Web videos also stay online for people to see much longer than other advertising methods do, meaning customers can watch your video months after its initial upload. Helpful sites.