It is not exactly how you would have expected to spend your vacation at the beach, but then again vacations should be about exploring the unusual. The fact that your two sons have always liked any kind of wheeled adventure is what initially drew you into the powered skateboard shop. The fact that these popular modes of travel were all over the beach community, however, was the impetus behind the boys first renting, and then buying off road motorized skateboard. The electric powered skateboards were the perfect way to explore the miles of beach trails in the morning, before the crowds overwhelmed the spaces. The fact that you were at this particular vacation spot in the off season meant two things: fewer people than normal and lower prices on the off road motorized skateboards that your sons were most interested in.
Finding an Outdoor Activity That Encourages Your Teens to Stay Active Is a Bonus
The majority of today’s teenagers are not known for being active. In fact, many adults likely think that today’s youth are inactive couch potatoes. Finding an activity like skateboarding, however, that your teens are interested in can help keep them active. And while off road motorized skateboards do not take as much energy as a a regular skateboard, they still get teenagers outside. Consider some of these statistics about the love of skateboarding in the U.S.:
- A “core skater” refers to someone who skates 26 times or more every year.
- The “casual skater” refers to someone who skates one to 25 times every year.
- 23.9% of all skaters are female, while 16.6% of all skaters who are in the core group are female.
- 77.1% of all skaters are male, while 83.4% of core skaters in the U.S. are male.
- 500 is the current number of skateboarding parks that exist in the U.S.
- 11 million people indicate that they enjoy skateboarding on a regular basis.
- 77% of skateboarders indicate that they prefer to shop for small specialty brands rather than the top brand names that are on the market.
- A mere 3.1% of skateboard sales occur in sporting goods stores. The majority of the sales are in specialty stores and online.
- The U.S. accounts for more than 50% of the total worldwide skateboarding market.